Thursday, March 11, 2010

Teeth, Easter Candy, little crabs...

It's rare that I says things like "I love my dentist! They're all great - I have an amazing hygienist who taught me all about my teeth." But it's true. Last week my hygienist taught me all about my teeth, why we floss, what we're actually trying to accomplished when we brush, why we get lazy towards the back of our mouths, all the science behind bacteria, decay, etc. I told her, with tools in my mouth, garbled, "I wish someone had told me all of this in high school." And she responded to my sentiment like I wanted to blame someone or something for my lack of knowledge, "You probably wouldn't have listened then." And this week, something has happened that has never happened in my whole life - I've flossed every single day. I just might yet become a habit.

Of course, now is a good time to start better dental habits as Easter Candy is out and I just LOVE Easter Candy. It's really the only time that chocolate tops gummy worms in my sweet tooth craving (that is generally pretty tame.) I love the chocolate eggs with a candy shell. I enjoy malt ball eggs and peanut butter eggs. Kisses somehow make it into my mouth and they're at the bottom of the candy scale. And I don't even enjoy this candy any other time or even at Halloween when it's just as ubiquitous! I honest think it has something to do with spring and all the fuzzy little chicks, cute little bunnies and lavender wrappers that make it taste so much better.

The only thing better than Easter Candy in the spring with newly flossed teeth is the little crab, we who met over Thanksgiving. He's going to be my next tattoo. I've wanted a little crab, the most wonderful reluctant creatures to find under rock, for a while. And I just found this perfect photo of him... now I just need to find a place where he won't be hiding...

No comments: