Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day Chinese New Year Rainy Day Hike...




Today I went on a hike with Lara, Steve and Laurie. It was a super rain Pacific Northwest day and I felt like such a Pacific Northwestern with borrow rain pants and sporty rain jacket. I had bought new hiking boots for the occasion (that was suppose to snow shoeing but because of all the rain we decided that it would not be very fun.) It was an absolutely wonderful hike - up to a lake high up in the mountains. At the end of every switchback was this waterfall that running down the whole side of the mountain (and often over our path and I found myself wondering out loud more than once "is this our path or a steam? or both?"), and it's effect was perfect as it was enough noise to keep you from talking to much and give you an opportunity to clear your head. And after last night's bout - I needed a nice hike (and somewhat strenuous) to take my mind off of everything. I'll write about the bout tomorrow.
Here are more pictures from the hike:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67749380@N00/sets/72157623437417038/

No comments: