Saturday, January 30, 2010

Painting Empty Bowls...
Today, Derika, Dani, Lara and I went to the Ballard Community Center (which I've often walked by but never entered) to paint "Empty Bowls" for the Seattle Food Bank. A group makes the bowls. The community (us) are invited to paint the bowls (and we did) and then they're sold at a fundraiser (which I will be out of town). We arrived, after having lunch together, to paint some bowls. It was a wonderful time together. We all had different ideas for our bowls. We were in a community center. We were painting bowls for an event that none of us could attend. It was nice to give to the Ballard Food Bank (which was the organization my Christmas gift went to this year.) It was nice to be slightly creative. It was nice to spend the afternoon with friends.
I like empty bowls.

No comments: