Thursday, September 03, 2009

Curiosity almost got the cat killed...

I was exhausted today. Not because I had been at work until 8 p.m. or later all three nights of this week so far - that is exhausting but it's not what did me in. I brought home some left over stuff from a donor party and left it in a box in the hall way. At about 3 a.m. Fezzy decided that of course, because it was a box, was definitely worth exploring. I let the noise go for a little bit but then I heard the crinkle of a potato chip bag. I went into the hallway and Fezzy was about to continue the BBQ. I put everything on the counter in the kitchen, out of his reach. But he was like, HI! You're up! Let's play. And I couldn't turn my mind off. I started thinking about work, about derby, travels in the fall, how I was going to fit it all end and Fezzy was mushing my feet, walking on my head. When that didn't get the response he wanted, he started other adventures. And Monkey joined in the adventures. I gave up. Played with the kitties. I eventually curled up on the futon at 6 a.m. and fell asleep.

Kitties. Seriously.

No comments: