Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Too much noise...

This morning, at work, I refused to get online. I quietly working on the fall campaign letters and would only log on after two hours of working - even my work email was turned off. I needed to find a way to get through the noise of so much "Internet". My Facebook, MySpace, Blog, email, email, email, email. It's a lot like eating too much sugar. The next thing you know you want a cookie after lunch, you want a glass of wine after dinner. You're never quite satisfied and just want a little more. And though I usually can manage the mania of email, sometimes you cannot. You check your stuff 13 times a day thinking it might, will be different. And it's not. And you just need a break. You need to shut it off. You need to dim the lights. Turn off the noise.

No comments: