Thursday, August 13, 2009

Heading to California, looking forward to Bend, taking a break

I head to Sacramento with my team CarnEvil to play Sacred City's B Team. Our travel team played them (and got schooled - bad) and I've seen them play a couple of times. I'm really looking forward to this bout - its going to be fun. We're done with our season. We're going as a team and we're out to win - for us. Not for anyone else. Not for ranking. Not for the season. Just for us. It should be a great time.

Work has been incredibly stressful - for the usual 97 reasons. I have about 3 weeks of vacation to take before the end of the year. One unpaid and two paid - plus a couple of extra days here and there. I'm going to take a few days in Bend, Oregon (because I'm going to be there the following weekend to play another bout as a Bomber) and go to breweries and explore this little city in the middle of Oregon. I'm going to then take a few days at home. I'm going to sew an apron I cut months ago. I'm going to clean up the "office space" that needs about two hours of attention. I might take a crafty class. I'm going to visit my friend's new business and go out for a tasty beverage. I'm going to take stuff to the Good Will. I'm going to go skating in the morning and take cat naps with Fezzy in the afternoon. I'm going to read a book. I can't wait! I can't wait to stay home. For vacation.

1 comment:

harper said...

congrats on your win and enjoy your fezzy naps on vacation.