Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Many interesting things...

My work is getting ready for a new image, a new look, new website and what feels like a million other new things.  This has been years in the planning and I joined the Law Center knowing this.   It's been a ton of work and I've learned a gazillion things - like about Facebook, social networking, marketing, marketing a new brand, creating talking points and a communications plans on top of your job as a fundraiser in general.  It's been interesting, fun, very exciting to be learning and completely stressful.

You know you're stressed out when you would rather be the checkout clerk at your favorite grocery store or at the Kohl's you were just as getting a new outfit for the big event on Thursday.  Not because those jobs aren't less stressful (retail can suck I know from experience!) but because it somehow seems less stressful.  It seems easier.  They seem happy.  Their job seems easy.  And you know you're stressed out because you're acting delusional - I mean dealing with the public is crazy.  I have an office.  I can decide not to answer my phone or ask someone else to deal with people.  Really - that's a good job.


No comments: