Saturday, February 14, 2009

End of the week...

Megan and Jarett returned from Hawai'i on a red-eye Friday as I finished a long week at work on Friday. Jarett stayed in bed with the flu and Megan wondered around Ballard. I didn't stay at work all day as I was pretty spent (never mind the fact that I had been out until 2 a.m. the night before for Katie's birthday.) Megan, Jarett, Lara and I went to a bowling fundraiser for my team - which was a great success plus a really great time.


Today after breakfast, they borrowed the car and headed up to Bellingham - I headed on a walk into Ballard. It was a perfect day for it. I went to this newer quilting shop for fabric for an apron I decided to make after spilling stuff on me while cooking Christmas dinner for my orphan friends and later went back to get frabric for dress I decided to sew (after finding a pattern on sale at JoAnn's.) I become very inspired walking around Ballard. I see cute little felted things, jewelry and purses. I don't have the talent to make many of these things but I can definitely sew and my goal is to sew something that I can actually wear to work as opposed to costumes.


The economy has twisted the arm of many businesses behind their backs and Mandrakes - an antique store of 19+ plus years, has finally cried uncle - literally. I saw the sign in the shop last week and walked by on my way to the quilt/fabric shop. It was is one of the more creative ways that I've seen a business reply with exaperation at the current economic situation. But it's too at the same time.


It a pretty nice day to be out and about - a lot of Ballard thought so too.



No comments: