Monday, November 10, 2008

Turns out that it's true....


"You shouldn't eat 30 minutes before swimming or you'll get cramps." And boy, even though I only had 1/2 of a stuffed pepper, I got a stitch in my side that relegated me to the open lane with a blue kick board. It was a good swim but truthfully, at this moment, it's not as much fun to be swimming. I am trying so hard to do it correctly and consequently, I am not relaxed. But it will get better. I am sure.

My day was feeling a little bit "dark" as a I was leaving a tough Monday at work. I couldn't help but read the 1,000s of jobs being lost - and thinking of my friends who are all losing jobs. Pymgy's group at work minus her grant funded job and a few other people (preventative health - dept of health) was laid off. (Lucky for her - her entire department at her last job was let go.) As much as I want to feel optimistic, I've been feeling so stressed out.

Then I got a call from my best guy-friend James - who recently left Cleveland for DC - a year after getting married. He's having a good time - getting to know people - embracing a city that is embracing the new president. It turns out that James graduated from the same high school as Obama (he was in the same class as Obama's sister and him mother and her mother knew each other.) DC is "Obama mad". And we had a good time chatting up the changes in our lives and being excited about the changes yet to come.

It was great to chat with him - and lifted the cloud even just a little bit. There is a lot to be hopeful about. Patience. It's all about being patient. I'll learn how to swim better. We'll have a great president who will lead our country through better times.

It's hard to believe I'm even saying this.

I'm pretty excited about it.

No comments: