Monday, November 03, 2008

Optimism...

I could tell you about the gazillion of calls I took tonight - ranging from "quit calling me" and "I will do everything in my power to make sure your candidate never makes it to office (yes, f*ing scary)to "I appreciate all of the things you're doing, thank you so much" and "I'm getting my classmates together and we're going to stand on street corners with signs - can you tell me what is legal."

I could tell you about the INSANE number of volunteers we had in the offices this weekend. I could tell you about how hard it is to fundraise right now and how much work I have to do until the year.

I could tell you about being cautiously optimistic - but I'm not there yet.

I could share with you the BEST chili recipe of all time. I've make it three Sundays in a row - that is how freaking fabulous it is. And everyone who eats it thinks its absolutely amazing: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/print/index.php?r=1598 - from meat-eaters to strict vegetarians. (Thanks Rebecca for this magazine subscription!)

I could tell you about the freezing cold rain and the absolute dark that descends upon a "fall back" Seattle. I could tell you about a man who wanted to jump off the Aurora Bridge this morning, snarling traffic and making me an hour later for work. I could tell you how he succeeded in his unfortunate wish.

I could tell you about having a beer after work, after volunteering on this very LONG, Monday, November 3rd. And typing in my blog and playing the Dixie Chick's version of Fleetwood Max's "Landslide" and tell you that I'm not optimistic tonight.

But I think I am.

Just a little.

No comments: