Tuesday, November 04, 2008

YES WE CAN!!

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Yes we did.

And thank you... to Kathy to who was the subtle outspoken Obama supporter among those who were not; Shanny & Shlymy who worked to make sure the vote in OHIO happened; Weedy who worked to GOTV and so many millions of hours;(I heart you); Rebecca who made it worth it to thousands of volunteers; Lara who decided it was time to make a difference; the other Rebecca, my favorite Rebecca, who as my best friend, always didn't agree but in the end agreed to make it happen; to all the rollergirls who made IT HAPPEN; to all the Roller Girls (mostly Carnies) who bought "Roller Girls for Obama" shirts and wore them ALL OF THE TIME; to my father who, for the first time in thirty years, had someone show up at his door to ask him to vote, who also felt inspired by a candidate- for Obama and he gave them a positive TWO THUMBS UP; to Sandra, who always believed it would happen; to CAROL who called me first - because she knew OHIO would DO IT; to Arson who believed early on; to the thousands who volunteered time, sweat, tears and emotion to believe in a man who BELIEVED IN US; to Nanci and Teri who remembered how hard it was the last time and made sure we succeeded; to my mother who always believe in me and put the importance of voting in my life EARLY on as I stuffed envelopes for the Republican Party... and to Countess who is passing it on to HER CHILDREN, ... to all of those who "reach for their ballots"; to Denise who lost her job but not her HOPE; to Pygmy, who I was wishing was with me the whole night, whose views are tied together with mine like a friendship bracelet from the 80's; to all of those who fought for every single vote: THANK YOU!

ALL OF THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU.

YES, we did...

We want change...we want change, we want change, we want change...

And it came to us tonight.

Welcome to the next 4 years of your life.

I hope YOU ARE READY to work for it.

I am.

Thank YOU.

YOU.

ARE YOU READY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY

No comments: