Sunday, November 02, 2008

Monsters playing dodge ball...

Friday after work I joined a bunch of friends for Thriller - the video and the making-of. It came back like it did when I was 10. However the thing I couldn't stop thinking about when I saw it as an adult was "Wow - they did a lot of coke in the 80's" and "I wonder if half of them (dancers) survived the AIDS epidemic." It was a fun walk down memory lane... a bunch of us when out for a few tasty beverages and walking back to my car I noticed monsters playing dodge ball at the Seattle Central College tennis courts. It was pretty funny to see vampires, ghosts, pac man, superman and others jumping around trying to avoid a little orange ball.

Saturday was adult swim classes - which I am doing with my friends Pygmy and Lara. While waiting for the class to check in - I ran into my friend Julie who had moved from Cleveland over a year ago. She had been on the staff of Cleveland Bridge Builders - I went to a going away party for her and we had played phone tag a bunch when she first moved out before giving up... I ran into her two weeks ago at Greenlake! And now we're in the same swim class together. It was fun - only 30 minutes. I got some great feedback to make my kick better and go confirmation about my stoke - on the crawl stroke. Only. So far.

The weekend was also full of Obama/Gregoire volunteering (7 hours each day) - and a very fun Halloween party on Saturday (I did dress up as "The Christmas edition of Judy Jetson") at Glitter's house and a fantastic practice tonight (after our captains ripped off the band-aid and told us to get our acts together.) I'm pretty whooped but pretty happy on this cold, rainy Sunday.

A long, hopefully happy, week lies ahead!


No comments: