Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sick. Home. Fish

So many people are sick. I feel like every time I walk out of my house I risk running into this crazy "death plague" that is knocking out people for weeks, being spread among my derby league, turning into the flu, Strep, and other terrible nasty things. I've been, on the advice of a friend, taking Airborne for three weeks now... The funny thing is everytime you walk out of the house you take a risk. Yes?

I stumbled across a friend's myspace when I was posting some information about my performance this weekend in Cupid's Cabaret (no, I'm not doing burlesque but something great - I promise) and it's a great and funny song with a refrain of "I don't think I can see what anyone else can see in anyone else but you" and it's making me incredibly home sick. Because my friends are so special at home? I don't know... It's funny how it comes every once in a while like a wave washing over the ferry crossing the Sound.

A friend of mine and I have decided that we're going to take a New Year's resolution out a step further... I'm going to make a $5 donation every time I DON'T carpool to practice, an event, whatever. She's going to do the same thing. I want to make a donation to a fish organization. It's true. I love fish. I just care about fish. I worry about the cows pooping by the stream where the fish are swimming... so if you have a fish organization please recommend them. At the end of the month, each time I didn't find a carpool buddy when I could have carpooled (e.g. going to roller derby practice, meetings, ok it has mostly to do with derby) then I'm going to donate $5. To fish. I'm takin' recommendations. Now.

No comments: