Sunday, February 10, 2008

Roller derby + new job = tension headaches

...is what I wrote on my comments section when scheduling my half hour massage for Sunday. It was an excess of derby, (games, scrimmages, meetings, emails, meetings) and the stress that comes with a new job, (learning it's history, mission, important talking points, etc.) that lead to a headache about every six hours - plus the fact I haven't found a minute to get to my gym. So I made an appointment to get a massage - to work out that stress. And it did. I also made my upper body completely sore. It's funny how in the Pacific Northwest, specifically, massage isn't so much for relaxing as it is for healing...


And there are great things to talk about, including the Caucus, but after a hot epson salt bath, sleep is calling...

Though if you're really interested, here's the University of Washington's write up about the Rust Riot: http://thedaily.washington.edu/2008/2/7/derby-girls-dont-cry-aggressive-face-women-skate-t/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sweet skater, massage has always been for healing...relaxing is restorative :) Glad you have caught on....keep on skatin'...xo