Sunday, January 01, 2012

Welcoming in 2012!

Today Arson and I did the 5k Resolution Run which ends in a polar bear plunge - or more of a swim - which is what polar bears on more apt to do anyway.  There were many more people there this year than last year (according to the announcer) and the beautiful sunny day - in the 40's - made for a great run and little swim.   Last year, Arson and I started running one 5k a month just for fun and I've truly enjoyed them.  (And I'm not so sure that it's the running as much as I really do enjoy getting dressed up and running with friends.)  She's been a great running buddy especially in races that involve an extra dare - like the Warrior Dash (5k mud run through an obstacle course) or this.  When we reach that moment of extra challenge and I often find her reaching out her hand - a "let's do this together" kind a gesture that gives you confidence to push through - whatever it is - jumping over fire or jumping into freezing water.  And I appreciate that about her.  She often says she would never imagine herself doing these things years ago.  But I kind of think she's just the kind of person whose perfect to do just these kinds of thing.

Happy New Year.  I'm can't wait to get started! 

No comments: