Saturday, July 04, 2009

9 to 5

The Brand Flakes have this great mash up song including Dolly Parton's "9 to 5". I also have the regular Parton song on my ipod. Stumbling across it a lot lately, I decided to rent the film to see what it was about - it came out when I was a kid (1980) and I really didn't remember it. Of course, Blockbuster didn't have it and I had to open an account at the local "Rain City" video - because they had it and many other great films (left with 3 of them).

It was pretty funny - the fashion - particularly. What was a little disturbing was that there are still some many of these things we're still working on - like equal pay (thanks Lilly Ledbetter). Don't get me wrong - a lot has changed. I wouldn't want to be a woman working at a different point in history - but some of the crap going on in the film still goes on. There's still a lot of work to do... in the workplace.

However, today is a day for fireworks, BBQs and other fun things. Social justice doesn't take a break on July 4th - it just gets moved to the back burner.

(Today - got a new HP laptop and now I have no excuse for not writing in my blog.)

No comments: