Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer time,...

The last few weeks have been  incredibly sunny and dry - I find myself taking cat naps after work - not because I'm exhausted and it's dark and miserable but because I want to lounge like Fezzi on the futon in the sunlight.  I try to catch a hike after work and don't mind taking the bus when the sun is out first thing in the morning.  Even Monkey is happy about the sunshine - waking me up at 5:30 a.m. with the Monkey Alarm "meow, meow, meow."  I've actually been able to wear my summer dresses.  All my favorite fruits are starting to show up at the grocery store.  You find yourself wanting to have a beer on a patio at sunset.

The interesting thing is that it's been cold and wet for so long that I almost don't trust it.  I'm trying to believe that summer is actually here.  And that it's planning on staying a while...

No comments: