Monday, May 04, 2009

Relaxing weekend...

I took Friday off to go to the new penguin exhibit at the Woodland Park Zoo. Of course it was an utter madhouse with a gazillion parents and children there also wanting to visit the penguins. Lara and I went and say the giraffes, lions, wild dogs and other animals first while waiting for the lines to thin out around the penguins. There are some pretty spectacular things that happen at the zoo during the day - like feeding the giraffes. That was a lot of fun. (I learned that their tongues are black as not to get sunburned because they're always sticking them out eating things.) We headed back to the penguins - they were pretty funny. They all seemed so excited to see all the people - they would swim to the edge of the glass and look at all the people, swim away and then come back.


Friday night was the Carnie Dance Dance Party. My team is known for their enormous desire to cut a rug at any given opportunity - even while on the track before the jam is about to begin - and we had a great time! There was a big problem with the speakers in the beginning (or lack there of) and we were in competition with a birthday party that was suppose to bring more than 75 people (more like 10). Minus an incident here and there, we had a blast. Gorditos (where we held the event) wants us to do it again. My team would love to do it again.


Saturday was suppose to be a continuation of Carnie fun times but the rain set in and kickball was canceled. I took it as a sign to clean my apartment and eat sushi! Delicious. I also went to hear my friend's very loud band. Sunday found me at the Ballard Farmer's Market where I was Jones-ing for my P-Patch - wishing I was growing my own lettuce as opposed to buying someone else's. I went to Hydrofit with Glitter and Ruthie and headed off to Anya's bridal shower - which was a lot of fun too. Hammer, Rebel Belle and I won for best t-p wedding dress. It was the first time I had honestly made one of these - in all my wedding attending, I had somehow missed this game though I had heard of it and even recommended it.


Last night I finally "got back on the grid" and checked my email - signaling the end of this fantastic weekend.

No comments: