Wednesday, May 06, 2009

2 Months to the day...

"Hi Michelle - it's Kristen!  How are you?"
"I'm great!  How are you!  I heard you broke your ankle (like in December)."
"I hear you had some random surgery... how are you?"

And so started my 15 minute catch up conversation with someone I consider a good friend and colleague but whom I rarely seem to talk to.  And it was easy to get caught up - she was inviting me to an event I couldn't afford - I was trying to plan a lunch together that wasn't going to be $125 (price of the ticket to the event.)   And we talked about our respective injuries and surgeries.   I realized it was two months to the day that had my surgery - the first Thursday of March.  It was the first Thursday of May.

And for some reason it all snapped into place tonight when I was swimming - which was tough. Maybe it's just taken a while to recover.  It's not like you have surgery and you bounce back and even when you do bounce back it doesn't mean you're better.  It doesn't mean you have the same drive and stamina and maybe, just maybe, though you feel great, you might still be recovering.  You might need to cut yourself some slack and just let it be.

Or you just might need a damn vacation.

No comments: