Saturday, March 07, 2009


Obstacles: kitties, snow, coughing
One thing I didn't have to worry about while in the hospital was Fezzy jumping up on my belly as is his habit.  My sleep last night was light as I was slightly afraid all night that he would jump on me. Lock him out of the room and he would sit at the door and scratch and claw.  While resting on the futon, he would give me devil eyes if I put my hand up forbidding him to step on my four fresh stab wounds.  He would peep (sometimes he's called "peeper") and give these half hearted meows to get attention. He wasn't thrilled, but like Monkey, eventually found a nice compromise on my legs on the fluffy hippy blanket.

I'm learning a lot being at home and watching TV which I so rarely do.  I'm learning about the latest workout machines, latest vacuum cleaners, and about how I should be buying gold.  I've been told the latest beauty secrets, got a 5 minute glimpse on the guy who hosts dirty jobs and how the UK thinks Obama is chilling our historic relationship.

Tonight I learned about Pavarotti for a while and "what attracts us" to men and women on this whole series purely about attractiveness - the genetic implications from looks to smell to walk.  While fascinating, I've also seen many repeats of random crime series that I've seen on late night television.  I don't feel awake enough to watch a movie. Of course, by being at home and not at the Rat City bout tonight, I heard a thunder snow storm roll in (thunder often precedes snowstorms out here.)  I also smelt my apartment fill with the smell of fire which got me off the futon in a flash.  I looked over the balcony and saw smoke billowing off the balcony and ran downstairs to the neighbor manager, my heart racing.  One of the dudes told me they were cranking out their grill (in a snow storm) and that was a while ago, blah blah blah.  I wanted to punch him.  I have such a dislike (fear) of fire - and now I'm totally wound up and awake in an apartment filled with a campfire smell.

None of this helps my whole want and desire to cough.  Since getting sick in the hospital, I've want to cough.  Of course, with 4 stab wounds, coughing is extremely difficult and painful.  I've accidentally coughed twice and the same 4 stab wounds  told me that was an extremely bad idea.

I think the best bet is to curl back up on the futon with Fezzy and learn about the latest whatever it is my life surely doesn't need.

No comments: