Tuesday, March 10, 2009


Going 14 mph in a 11o mph life...


I told Kelli who had her appendix out a month ago that she needed take it slowly and work only when she could but to take many breaks because she would end up right back in the hospital - because it takes a while to recover. Of course, taking a douse of my own medicine isn't as sweet or as bitter as I anticipated. Last night when I was laying on the coach after working a half day from home, I thought about just how active I was. I swim or skate derby 5 days a week. I have work meetings at least twice a week, a derby meeting and am often a social butterfly on the weekend. All of these things are great tools in managing stress and as an extroverted thinker, I need to be with people. So I was glad to go back to work today. And I got there at 10:45 a.m. and hit a wall at 3 p.m. before finally going home at 5 p.m. (I got a ride). Spent is the word. And the body hurts to let me know that I still have some time to spend this weekend in the slow lane.


Damn it.

No comments: