Monday, January 26, 2009

Oy! Monday

Today was a Monday every way you can think of it. It was a tedious long day at work. I had a million things to do and crimp in my neck that just made the day generally miserable. I had the finance manager come into my office multiple times to tell me how this week is the week where we're going to be able to tell how bad the year is going to be. I felt like I was fighting a cold. I only managed to scratch three things off my to-do list.

The work day ran smack into a CAB meeting (though that actually managed to go very well) where I was elected Co-Chair for 2009. I zoomed home so I could catch Heidi for a swim. Friday, Lara's cat, has been missing for a week wasn't home when I got there and the perons who likely has him - hasn't let me go. My computer went into perpetual "reboot" mode (um, that's a problem) - and I won't have a chance to fix it until tomorrow at the earliest - if I can even fix it. I was at my wits end when I went for a swim with Pygmy and Olga (yes, that's her nickname she calls herself) and forgot my goggles and cap and had to walk back home to get them. *sigh*

But then I when I got back and finally jumped in the pool, it was such a wonderful welcome. I just swam and swam until the knot in my neck simmered down and the stress of the deminished with each pull of the water, the bubbles of air coming out of my nose. Breast stroke down. Back stroke back. I took breaks when I wanted to - swam as long as I wanted - spent 5 minutes in the hot tub. And came home - feeling better.

And tomorrow will be Tuesday.

I'll give it another shot.

No comments: