Thursday, January 01, 2009


Happy New Year!

Last night I celebrated the end of 2008 at Highway 99 in Seattle with a bunch of friends. There were burlesque shows (two of the performers had fakes and caused quit a stir!), Ruby Dee and the Snakehandlers (who are moving to Austin) and plenty of fun dancing and tasty beverages. Today I did next to nothing - lounged most of the day and then finally pulled out the Wii fit. WHAT FUN! Holy cow, I can see why people would like it so much. Of course, in my wii fit years it says I'm 46 years old because my balance (to the back and the right) and weight (average). Of course of some that is holiday sloth which will trim up and off when I "resume my regularly scheduled life". It's fun though. I'm really enjoying it.

In the midst of all the chatter last night, people were talking about their resolutions. JoJo wants to write more. Someone else wanted to dance. There was the "I'm giving up xxxx" or "I am going to do more yyyy." What I know about resolutions it that they have to be attainable or you're just setting yourself up to fail... I don't know what my resolution is going to be this year. Unfortunately, I am giving up the P-Patch this year. I LOVE doing it in the spring but it finds itself neglected come mid-late summer. Plus, I just feel like work is going to take it out of me this year - not that I'm not going to try and keep balance but it's going to be a tough one (I've had like 4 meetings on the budget and will most likely be getting a pay cut - which is ok if it means we don't have to lay anyone off.) In giving up the P-Patch, I'm going to make myself promise more summer camping and hiking. That will be one of the best things I can do for work-life balance - get off the grid as much as I can. I'm sure I'll come up with more solid resolutions as soon as the holidays wear off.

Happy New Year!

No comments: