Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow day #2

Today was day 2 of my snow days. It was, again, delightful to sleep in with kitty friends curled at my feet. It was a sparkly beautiful day. I ran a few errands in the morning, walked down to my favorite shop, Laura Bee, with a coffee in one hand and the other out for balance. The sidewalks were sheets of ice and so I walked on the tree lawns - which everyone else was doing too. After my errands, I went for a swim. But clearly many, many other people had the same idea - it was kind of a zoo in the pool. I came home for a 2 hour conference call on budgets (bleh). Soon after the call ended, the sun was covered by clouds it became super cold in my apartment. Buses slid of the roads (and hung precariously over I-5); my friends make it home in less time; and many people took the day off - keeping the roads relatively clear.


I worked on making "fire" for my "When there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire" dance dance party. (The theme has to do with surviving two fires and making my own "third time is a charm and completely harmless" fire - dance party.) I am making little candy favors covered in tissue paper to help decorate the space. I'm looking forward to the dance dance party even though it's suppose to start snowing again Saturday night. I know my friends will make it out and "burn the place down."


Disco inferno baby!


*photos of snow friends that I met along my stroll this morning... the fire to keep the party warm.

No comments: