Monday, November 24, 2008

Limits...

After a long day of planning our entire 2009 fundraising season, talking about budget stuff and other things that made my day run from 8 am - 5 p.m. (of non-stop thinking) I headed over to the HIV/AIDS Trail Unit Community Advisory Board meeting. It's funny, after nearly 1.5 years volunteering for this group, I finally feel like I understand what's going on and could actually talk about the complexities of HIV and vaccines. I came home just in time to meet Heidi for a swim - an exhausting swim. I am starting to feel the effects of the "Molly is going to kick your ass" training yesterday and I wanted to swim some of it out today so it wouldn't be so bad tomorrow.

And swimming gave me time to think. (I've gotten the arms and legs down at the same time - now it's just remembering to breath.) I was thinking of all the work I have to do in 2009. I was thinking of the fact that I'm now the Board President of Jet City Rollergirls. I was thinking of other committees I've been asked to join. And skating. And skating on the travel team. And swimming. And getting women elected to office and I was just wondering what I could manage? Years ago, I would have said yes to everything. But I've learned that saying yes to everything spreads the jam too thin on the toast (and making it rather bland). So I'm thinking. What is the number of things I can do and enjoy it - all.

Arm, arm, kick, kick, don't forget to breathe.

No comments: