Friday, September 12, 2008

What a week...

I knew yesterday was going to be one of those days when my bus, already running late and a short bus rather than a long one, had to make an emergency stop on Elliot Bay Ave because a passenger right in front of me passed out. Coincidentally, we stopped at a stop where a doctor was waiting - to get on to a different bus. I hopped off and jumped on anther bus behind us (I was of no use) and headed to work... and the day just didn't stop until 5 p.m. when I ran out the door to catch another bus home and meet Lara at a bar before our league meeting/practice. I needed a beer. I needed fried food. I needed the intensity of the day to go down 15 notches. One my bus ride home, I found the gal who had fainted on my bus - obviously she made it thru the rest of her day.

Today, my work is hosting a great event "Get Schooled in Title IX" which includes a CLE (continuing legal education), a salon (panel discussion with a variety of female athletes including a national phenom named Jaime Nared - google her) and after that we're heading off to a Seattle Storm's game. Saturday, Jet City plays Dockyard Derby Dames in Monroe and Sunday I have a 30th Anniversary Reunion - again for work. Then it's Monday... again.

My P-Patch needs my attention - the tomatoes and corn are fighting for sun. Cucumbers have sprouted and lettuce is struggling to stay alive in late summer warm days. It's been unseasonally BEAUTIFUL in Seattle lately.

Hopefully I'll get to it - before the end of the month.

No comments: