Monday, September 15, 2008

Swimming!

I went swimming with Pygmy tonight at "Adult Senior Open Swim". She had been going to a couple of the open swims and wanted a swim buddy. When we got there, the Masters Class was ending and I hopped in with my sleek Speedo swimsuit (that I bought 8 years ago after getting back from Peace Corps), put on my swim cap (the first one that I've ever owned) and my goggles. It took about 5 minutes to get use to the lanes and the lane etiquette - I mean it's been since like 5th grade that I took a swim class on any sort of organized level but it was GREAT. After like 10 laps I totally hit a wall and of course swam thru it and just had a great time for the next 25 minutes. Then I realized that there is probably a more effective way to do this - swimming that is. Because it's been since like the 5th grade that I took any kind of swimming class. I hopped out of the pool and was thrilled. I loved it!

And I'm signing up for "Intermediate Adult Swim" for the month of November and December. I'm pretty psyched! It's so good for you - it's great core strength (awesome for derby!) and the community pool is, I kid you not, only one blck away from my apartment. (I live on 64th and 14th - Ballard High School is on 65th and 15th.) I can't wait. I love the idea of swimming and swimming at my community pool. Woot!

No comments: