Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One of those days...

It was one of those days and it appears there are going to be a lot of them - super busy, no real lunch break, sneezes from fatigue (yes, that is a odd sign that I am tired - I sneeze), and just busy, busy, busy. And then I have to deal with my car. The alternator died over the last week, though I feel like it's been on it's way out for a couple of months. I had to jump almost every time I tried to start the start it.

My NEW auto repair shop, where I've almost spent $1k in the last month, wanted another $780 to replace the alternator and battery (though there was no proof that the battery actually needed to be replaced - it just had a low charge - because the alternator wasn't charging it.) I told them I would replace the battery myself (if it actually proved it needed it) by going to Sears and got the bill to just under $580. Ugh. It was another one of those situations where I wish I had a small house with a garage and I would just fix it myself... or with the help of some friends. I know people who have changed their own alternators so I know it's no that difficult. Bleh. Frustrating only because I'm spending all the money I was saving for a bike - as in bicycle - on my car. Though it's still cheaper than having a car payment every month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Small house with a garage as remedy? Oh, small houses have furnaces and a roof and a basement that might flood, and then there is no money to buy the parts to fix the car by yourself with...nice idea, though :)