Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Dance Party in the Skies...

It's that terribly common to have heat lightening storms in the skies like the one we're having tonight. There is a very full moon (ok, one day waining), with giant clouds darting around it and a very exciting heat lightening storm. It really needs to rain. It's been hanging out in the 90s for the last few days with high humidity.

The weather made for a very exhausting bout yesterday. JCRG's travel team, the Bombers, played against RCRG's Throttle Rockets. I was so happy to play against them as many of my pals from PFM when I first started skating now play for them. Plus, they're just one of my favorite teams. So it was super FUN. We had a crappy opening but managed to come together during the last 15 minutes of the first half and the second half. I had a scoreless opening jam (bew) but managed to snap out of it and pull in a bunch of points and closed the game by pushing us over 100 - which was great. They were a great team to play though we were sweating buckets (and I mean buckets). We had a great cheering section at turn two of many, many friends and league mates.

Today I went to visit my garden today it it looks like a rental home - it needs a few repairs, an update here and there but looking pretty good all around. Tomatoes and corner are loving the heat. There's no "knee high by the 4th of July here." It's more like "knee high if you're lucky." There are some cucumbers fighting for some space and nearly dead flowers that need to be pulled up. The lettuce I planted recently hasn't popped thru yet. They might be a loss but I'll make a better effort to water my garden more often. Lettuce is a cool weather vegetable and right now it's tomato and corn time.

No comments: