Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thunderstorms and a broken skater

Tonight thunderstorms scattered over greater Seattle have lit the sky with fantastic flashes and low lying rumbles at the bottom of the Earth's belly. Rain is pouring down in sheets and the Kitty friends are confused at this phenomenon. This will be a topic of conversation at work tomorrow because they're so RARE here. And they're so welcomed. And they're such news.

Tonight we broke one of our new skaters. She's been on the team for a week and while jamming around the corner was hit by an opposing teammate and went down oh so wrong and that was the end of the jam and her skating for a while... I am sick to my stomach about it. And I know she'll be back - because she's that kind of gal. But it breaks my heart just the same - she's one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what does it mean to say you "broke one of your new skaters?" love, a nonskater who doesn't understand skater talk