Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stagnant Air...

Tonight, after work, I more or less headed straight up to Everett for a meeting and decided NOT to skate. In the 2.5 years I've been skating, I've never voluntarily taken a week off - until now. I am not sick or on vacation - and the truth of the matter is, I'm still skating - but outside with my friends at Alki or at Myrtle Edwards (ME) with my teammate Mona. I'm enjoying the sun and the short commute. I'm enjoying using different muscles outdoor skating and I appreciate not going left for two hours straight (skate, turn left).

On my way up to this meeting, I had the station turned to classic rock (my favorite station was deep into honky-tonk - which I like for about 30 minutes), and they were talking about stagnant air. Reported in three counties. No fires, no burning brush, the air wasn't moving. Since my initial visits to Seattle, I've heard of this thru Heidi or on the radio while visiting. A low front has moved in and the air isn't moving. Kind of like LA, on a smaller level. This never happened in the Midwest, with it's breezy evenings and winds coming off the Rockies and Great Plains. Luckily, the stagnant air is full of oxygen.

No comments: