Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Right in front of me...

There is a famous Buddhist saying that goes, "If you can't find happiness where you're at, where do you expect to find it?" which is to say that happiness has to come from within and you can't seek external things to create that. Well there should be something like, "If you're looking too hard for a New Year's Resolution, it's most likely right in front of your nose." And there was. I found it.

My desire to do something better for the Earth - besides ride the bus more (I wish it would stop raining), carpool (do it already), become a vegetarian (not ready to again but now only eat "happy chickens") lead me in circles this last week. I also was trying to find something for my personal growth beside incorporate more art in my life (trying!), write more (I will, I promise) and generally diversify my life. I started to panic about my P-Patch - which I love and which I want to do a better job with this year (I only got one season out of three in last year), when it dawned on me that my P-Patch is the perfect resolution. I will be growing my own food (not all of it of course, but a lot) and doing much for personal growth - like learning how to organic garden better in the Pacific Northwest. I'll get more exercise walking to and from the P-Patch and I'm sure I'll have many tasty dinner parties with all of the food I grow and eat.

I'm so excited! I can't wait until spring! I have so much planning to do in the meantime...

Oh and my other resolution was to spend more time with my friend Glitter Chicken - at least one day a month sewing fun crafty things... and of course I have all of these derby goals... ok. One. I'm sticking to the P-Patch. Reasonable, achievable, good for the Earth. Yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, love the P-patch green of your new home page and the photo is a nice "change" from the other one. Speaking of Change and Obama vs. Clinton. Thanks for giving me something to read while the scary Ohio winds sway my trees towards my house.