Friday, October 12, 2007

Going to Egypt...

It took an hour and a half for Kelly and I to buy our tickets to Egypt tonight. (Lara is out of town but we got her's too.) The sites were slow, the prices kept going up. I hitched up my theory that our IP address was being tracked and our poking around various sites was actually blocking us out of the lower fairs. We logged onto a different computer in the house and got back to something super cheap (comparatively) with only one stop (there aren't direct flights from Seattle to Cairo) and voila! We're going. We can hardly believe it. I love it! I can't wait!

Woot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't doubt that airline companies might play games to avoid giving low offers to people that they think will pay more but, if you connect to the internet through a router, every computer in your house that connects to the router looks, to the internet, like it's coming from the same IP.

So switching to another computer on the same router would not fool the airline companies.

Of course, they could be using cookies instead of IP addresses. In which case, switching computers WOULD fool them.

In any case, pretty clever of you!