Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Wonderlustful...

I leave for my first foray into Mexico on Thursday for Claudia and Justin's wedding. I've never been to Mexico and not for any good reason besides that I just wasn't interested - my heart lies in Africa and the Middle East...(though I salsa danced - a mix of son - Mexican music and Jazz - for almost 10 years and in my music collection the number of cds in Spanish is second to those in Portuguese. After pouring over my Mexico Lonely Planet guidebook this weekend, I can't wait to go!

Last night I booked a first night in a hostel in Queretaro (I have a couple of nights in a hotel for the wedding). I am looking forward to having to be "awake" because you don't know the language, culture, where you're going, etc. I'm looking forward to eating "street food" and going out in the evening. It's going to be a great time!

It's going to be 85 degrees the whole time... and raining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mexico is the best. the mole, the people, the colors, and the heat...ole!