Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Dreaming in Spanish....

Actually I dreamt that I was thinking in French and translating it into Spanish because for some reason in my head it was easier to go from French to Spanish than English to Spanish. And it was a complicated conversation - not like "where is the bathroom" but more like "the state of the economy in southern Florida..." Oy. My subconscious was telling me I had better get that hotel room booked for Claudia's wedding in June - in Mexico City (actually north of the city.) And so I did - this morning - with the help of a colleague who most likely dreams in Spanish and enjoys any opportunity to speak it.

This evening, my team, CarnEvil met at Pounders to sell merch, promote our upcoming bout and just hang out. It was a great time with the band giving us plenty of shout-outs and the owner wanting us to come back (we will!) This Saturday is our league's "friends and family" mini-expo bout. It's an opportunity to get a sneak peak at who we are and give the community an idea of where we're going. And I would be so excited but there are a million details - ok, maybe only 200,000 but enough to keep one's mind focused on things like bleachers and programs. I'm sure I'll be psyched about it at like 5:35 p.m. on Saturday - after the doors have opened at 5:30 p.m. I'm sure I'll be super excited then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the excitement you had pre-was just prelude to what you felt once the doors opened, Ms. CarnEvil. Woot, wee, and yeehaw....