Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter...

Happy Easter! Or happy sunny Sunday (morning at least) or if you're sittin' miserable in the Midwest, brrrrrr. I heard on Friday that the Cleveland Indian's Home Opener was snowed out. The double header then scheduled for Saturday was snowed into a triple header for Sunday when in the end, Cleveland just has to invite the Seattle Mariners back another day. So while I was enjoying an 80 degree Friday worth going home for, people where going home early to avoid snarled traffic.
A couple of my friends and I were talking about Easter and their rituals around it. A lot of hidden eggs and candy - mostly outside. This picture reminds me maybe of an Easter or two in my childhood where there was snow, but our candy was hidden throughout the house and not outside so we were never scrounging around in snow, or wet grass. One of the best Easters ever was when we were driving home from visiting our grandparents in Denver to West Virgina over Easter. My brothers and I fell asleep in the car (it's like a 2 day drive so that happened often) and when we awoke the Easter Bunny had been to see us - in the car! We were shocked and amazed to see the candy he had left. When I asked my dad what happened, he said he saw the Easter Bunny hitchhiking on the side of the road so he gave him a lift. I couldn't believe it! And I couldn't believe he didn't wake any of us up for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great story about the Easter Bunny visiting you in the car. I love it. My eight year old found my candy stash and said, "hey, it was you hiding the eggs!" Ooooops. I told him if he didn't believe the bunny wouldn't bring him anything. He quicky answered, "I believe." Then we shared the candy!