Friday, January 20, 2006

Cookies...

I'm personally a cake person. I love cake! My mother use to make a Duncan Hines cake every Sunday growing up and we ate it for dessert during the week. My sweet tooth has almost all but dried up which is why weddings are so fun - cake and dancing!

Across from my bus stop (the new one I take in the morning) is a store called "Cookies". They don't have very convenient hours (only open until 6 p.m.) but you can peer in and see all the different types of cookie cutters there are. There are the typical holidays ones: Christmas trees, hearts, stars of David, egg shapes, wreaths, etc. There are aprons, sprinkles, pans, hats, pretend sets for kids. But then there are the cookie cutter shapes I've never seen before: carrots, a fly, dogs (all different breeds), martini glasses, sharks (I'm getting this one for my favorite 5 year old), dolphins, polar bears, apples, camels, windmills, birds (all kinds), ducks, houses, cars, cats, dogbones, etc. I can only imagine, if you love cookies, and not cakes, what a joyful place this must be....

It's also a nice distraction early in the morning before you get on a crowded bus.

No comments: