Wednesday, January 11, 2006

#4 and a little rain

#4 has paper thin walls so that I can hear my neighbor snore. It also had a pink tile kitchen countertops and a yellow one in the bathroom.

#4 has a mildew scent. I have cleaned all the windows, wiped bleach down the walls and lit a small city worth of candles (not to mention the white vinegar and cups of baking soda) to ride my little 1960's apartment of the its-been-vacant-for-a-month-smell. Now it just smells like bleach, candles, vinegar and citrus.

#4 is only four blocks from the bus I need to catch to take to work. I've only made the bus once this week - I've been too tired these two days and have had to drive. But I will not give up on the bus.

#4 is just the right size for me and kitty friends. It has one large bedroom and a large open front room with a place to eat and a small kitchen with pink flower knobs on the cabinets.

#4 is the place I started calling home this week.

I think I'm going to like #4.

... a little rain

So, I mentioned in a past post that the rain was really just an excuse to keep other people out of Seattle. Well, it appears today we've hit day 24 of consecutive rain. Yesterday started something of a record. Honestly, it isn't so much different from Cleveland. Ok, the rain part is different but the gray is not. Actually, the gray out here is really different. It's better because the sun actually takes a moment and peaks out every-once-in-a-while.

No comments: