Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pie in the Sky.
Sky....The last three mornings in a row the snowy Cascades in the east have been spectacular as the sun rises above them. Even Mt. Rainer, so gigantic, she has her own weather patterns, has been stunning. The plus, is that I can see all of this from the 2nd and 3rd floors of my office. I see why people move here.

Granola with Carp, (continued)
At about 4:30 p.m. today the same colleague who suggest the capoeira party popped her head into my door and asked me if I was interested in grabbing a beer after work. I laughed to myself and said I had to help Pyg with something at home - she said come on - just a beer. (Ok, twist my arm.)

We went to the bar one block from our offices. It was a total dive that use to be across the street (they moved to this building and decorated exactly like the dive it use to be). We had a Manny's, (local microbrew that I always get when I'm in Seattle. Pyg and Jon actually know the guys who created it.) We chatted with customers about the statewide smoking ban that goes into effect tonight (they have plans around it), talked to the bartender who was googling stuff on his laptop (really, only in Seattle!); spoke to each other in French about dating, Africa, dancing and good neighborhoods. I had such a wonderful time! She said the secret to Granola with Carp is finding the right people. . . I think I found one.

No comments: