Saturday, January 02, 2010

We all have to have goals...

Most people, according to their Facebook posts or conversations I had with them (even the retailers at the mall) were ready to kick 2009 to the curb. Fair enough. It was a craptastic year for many people for a variety of reasons. I saw it as one of the most stressful in my fundraising career though one of the most fun in my 4 year old derby career (however the omentum surgery sure threw a wrench into things.) For as many reasons as there was to pull out your hair, gnash your teeth, to resign to tears, there were just as many reasons to laugh, smile with pure joy or have the words "I love you!" or "thank you" burst from your lips. Some of my favorite things about 2009:


1. Being award 2008 MVP for Jet City Rollergirls

2. Discovering Bend, Oregon (love, love, love this town)

3. Becoming the favorite aunt at McKenna's birthday party (OMG - what great times with the girls, they're the best!)

4. Rediscovering swimming and other swim classes (low impact, so good for the heart, and just fun)

5. Surprises! (And there were many of them, flowers from Rebecca, a dress from my mother, a card from the league)

6. Philanthropy - though it was a hard year for most people (including myself) I donated more money than ever to a variety of causes.

7. My East Coast trip (was a wonderful way to reconnect with my friends in Boston, DC, and see Nationals)

8. My friends' successes: Weedy getting into Harvard, Sara going to Texas, Kathy's sold out "Western Field Experience", Ally and Bess reaching their goals, amazing year end at work, etc.
9. Discovering Cama Beach on Camano Island (Lara and I spent Thanksgiving in awesome, cheap cabins, played cards, ate Turkey dinner and chased crabs late at night in low tide)

10. New Friends

I can't wait for 2010! Especially if everyone else can't either...

No comments: