Sunday, December 27, 2009

Everyone loves the pink Snuggie...

Monkey is happily sleeping on the pink Snuggie that Heidi and Jon got me for Christmas (Fezzy is sitting on the newspaper next to her waiting his turn) - there are chocolates and wines, fluffy gloves and hand puppets that are all a part of my Christmas loot (from a variety of people). I had lovely Christmas holiday where I ate too much. and drank just enough. Christmas Eve was watching movies, eating vegetarian chili and having a bottle of wine (to myself - the entire bottle. Ooops.) Christmas day was bunch at Heidi's place - Lara, Heidi, Jon, Lucie, and her father in-law and partner and her bother-in-law's family. It was insanity with three kids under 4 and a questionable adult but the food was delicious and the company was fun... and when it cleared out and was just us 4 adults and Lucie - it was quite a lovely time.

Lara and I headed back and cooked up some garlic smashed potatoes, cranberry salad, green been casserole and cupcakes before heading out to Kelly Rae and Steph's place for dinner. Julie joined us and we stuffed ourselves - which didn't take long considering I was still very full from the noontime brunch. We all played Uno for a while and then settled in to watch A Christmas Carol... which was hilarious - as always.

Saturday I was at my wits-end - too much rich food and alcohol over the past few days (without any exercise) had me going a bit stir crazy. I needed a walk in the sun, a break from the food and wine. I took off for Discovery Park where clearly a ton of other people had the same idea. The park was crowded with families (cheap way to get out and include the in-laws) who were soaking up the high 40 degree sunshine. It was glorious.

Lara and I headed up to Everett to hang out with Unshine. The cheap and tasty Mexican restaurant we were going to go to was closed for the holidays and we ended up to the Alligator Soul restaurant (which I always pass on my way to events in Everett and had been so curious about). There was delicious Cajun food and great conversation with very old men jamming out on the front stage. What a lovely surprise of an evening!

No comments: