Friday, July 17, 2009

One of those weeks...
I don't know how many times one can have "one of those weeks" in life - but I've had one too many. We did finally get the server up at work and the challenges of trying to get everything done that you had set out to do weeks before (had even been motivated to do) fell by the wayside as you tried to get caught up and remember why you needed those reports so badly - whose phone numbers you needed, what needed to happen. Eventually a week was cobbled together - intermixed with some derby and derby drama - it was a long long week. And a hot one!
This is probably the best summer I've had since I've been here (summer #4). The first summer I was here (having arrived on Thanksgiving in 2005) was absolutely gorgeous! It was sunny and warm - there were mountains to be hiked, there were films to be watched, there was derby to discovery, there was open windows and warm nights, there were tons of visitors from the mid-west and new friends to be made. It was absolutely wonderinful and I was sold on this place called "Seattle" and the "Pacific Northwest." The next two summers, along with the next three winters made me wonder if I had bought in too early as it was only sunny on Wednesday and sometimes it never broke 80. This summer is making up for lost timing! I could hardly believe when it was raining this week that I was actually grateful!
It's been a beatiful summer - and one of the busiest ones!
*super cute dress at a designer's shop just next door to Smarty Pants in Georgetown.

No comments: