Saturday, January 10, 2009

With drawl...

Here I am on a Saturday night, sitting at home, watching last seasons Flight of the Concord, cleaning my skates, cleaning the apartment. I'm sitting at home because I don't want to go out (I did last night to Purr in support of the GLBT friendly bars who were threatened by some nut) and honestly I need the "holidays" to end. I need a break from so much food, tasty beverages, being out all of the time, snacking on left overs, going to happy hour, going out after happy hour, eating left over candy, drinking beer you got as a gift, staying up until all hours of the morning...sleeping in.


But it's hard.


I am craving something with a bit of chocolate or a tasty beverage. And not because I actually want it but because I've been doing it for the last 3 - well maybe 6 weeks. It's hard to come off of your high of gluttony and "resume normal life" which looks like working all day, skating, swimming, going to committee meetings, writing in my blog, going to board meetings, making your own meals again, going to an occasional happy hour. . .getting little sleep. Yeah.

*photo of random art on the street

No comments: