Sunday, January 18, 2009

Otterpop becomes a Derby Queens

Tonight, Mona, Maude, Bess and I were on our way back from the Oly bout in Olympia - when Maude asked Bess to turn down the heater (which Mona and I love) to which Bess asked, "Are you all warm enough?" to which Maude replied, "The Otterpops are just fine" - cracking us all up. I am an otterpop - I am cold like a Popsicle. Always slightly chilled.


Derby Queen is what the sash said that was slipped over my sailor costume - as 6 of us went as the Village People to our "famous people" themed Prom - last night. But the award for derby queen was really the award for 2008 League MVP. (wow!) How awesome is that!?!? I am flattered and thrilled. As my brother Mike would say, "It's pretty f*&#ing sweet." I'm, of course,completely in love my league,. And it's not because of the award but because of the direction we're going; the great strides we're making to help grow derby; better relationship building and playing a better game. It's a good time to be a roller girl. And Prom was a celebration of that.


The Otterpop wins MVP. Yeah!


Photos from Prom below


No comments: