Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The longest holidays continues, bald like a dolphin, salt


I got thru the security line at the airport tonight with ease. (Today had been a pretty chill day as many friends were back at work and a few of my plans got canceled - I just ended up hanging out at Mike's house.) I bought a People Magazine and Vanity Fair for the plane ride and curled up in a chair just to hear that my flight hadn't left Chicago yet and there was no way I was going to make my connecting flight in Denver to Seattle. I got in line after a couple minutes and after being given a couple options: I could fly to Denver and sleep in the airport - flying out first thing in the morning, fly to DC at 6 a.m. then direct to Seattle and be there by noon, fly to Chicago at 6 a.m. and take a 3 p.m. flight to Seattle. Having slept in enough airports, I suggested flying to Chicago at noon and then taking a flight to Seattle. She agreed and booked me for tomorrow. So I hoped on the RTA and headed back into the city where it had begun to rain - freezing rain.

Mike picked me up at the RTA stop. I had already gotten a hold of Jill and she was seeing "Milk" at the Cedar Lee so I agreed to meet with her and Jeff for a tasty beverage. Mike drove his truck to the end of his street before handing it over to me - I'm not afraid to drive on black ice - but in someone elses truck I am slightly nervous. I pulled out onto the main road and passed three salt trucks along the way - that made me happy - salt trucks. I had passed like 8 police cars on the way home last night from hanging out with Kathy where we caught up on a million things and made plans for 2010. Those are two things I rarely see in Seattle - salt and police. Both are necessary - sometimes.

So one more night on the super comfy sofa in the basement. I found some pieces to toys when I was cleaning up this morning. The twins got Barbies for Christmas and they got ones that were scuba Barbie complete with dolphins. Alexandre was combing her smooth plastic dolphin with the brush meant for Barbies hair when she looked up and said to no one in particular, "This dolphin is bald like Uncle Mike." Hilarious. Even if you step on that plastic dolphin 8 times and find other pieces parts after they've left.

No comments: