Sunday, December 21, 2008

What's a Safety Dance?!

Is what Suzi said to me when I tried to rally some of the 20 people who had braved the blizzard for the Dance Dance Party. It was a great showing considering the city was mostly shut down -and my phone had been buzzing with texts from people saying they weren't going to make it to the party because of the weather. My friend Indy picked us up in her 4 wheel drive and a crew of us headed down to a nearly deserted Seattle. It was good times - sock swap for my teammates who came a little early and dancing for the rest of the time. Lara did a great job DJing and I was thrilled at everyone who braved the weather. Most people wore red - a few dressed up as firemen to put out the fire. The music kept us dancing til about 12:30 a.m. when people started to leave to brave the trip back home. (A link to picture from the party are below - it's like 150 pictures of the 20 of us who were there.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67749380@N00/sets/72157611511430828/

Today the hills of Seattle were converted in to sledding runs, as kids and skiers too advantage of the fact that most of streets were not safe to drive. It was a beautiful morning. I woke up early when Indy, who had stayed over, got up to get ready for the Seahawks game. I called Pygmy and she, Lucie (Pyglette), Lara and I decided to meet for breakfast up on Phinney Ridge. It was a such a beautiful walk though it took forever in this crazy Midwestern-like snow storm. People were out sledding, skiing, walking their dogs. Kids were building little snowmens. Cars were being dug out - and not.

On the way back, we sledded down a hill with Lucie who was just happy to be outside. It started snowing again and didn't stop until 9:30 p.m. It was perfect day to stay home, take a cat nap (with the cats). It stopped snowing around 10 p.m. and we ran to the grocery store to stock up on a couple of things. I was told to use my best judgement getting to work tomorrow... which means... if the bus is running, I'll give it a go. If not, I'm not going to drive my car in just to get it stuck downtown. There is plenty of work to do but I don't want to end up like Megan - walking home 5 miles.

(There are pictures to the snowy adventures below.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67749380@N00/sets/72157611442620247/



1 comment:

Unknown said...

wish I could have braved the weather! It looks like you guys had a great time!