Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Recessionista...

...is what the sign read about reduced price tchotckes at Firefly in Westlake Mall where I had a fake Thai lunch today. It cracked me up - so I had to go in and see what exactly was on sale - and it wasn't anything that I wanted nor was it at a price I couldn't find elsewhere but I enjoyed the good humor.

This short stressful week finally came to an end. After a little nap and PFM practice (which you might remember from my very early derby days) - which I hadn't been back to since I left PFM almost two years ago - I went to favorite grocery store to buy just a couple more things for tomorrow. And probably because I was hungry and the fact that I'm eating Turkey Day at Kelly's house (which means no left overs for me) I had to buy my own turkey. I wanted turkey sandwiches and day old turkey dinners. I became slightly obsessed with it and after walking around the store for 10 minutes pondering it, I ended up with a 12 lb turkey. (They were out of turkey breasts - which would have been so much easier.) I may wake up tomorrow and decide to keep it in the freezer if for a month until Christmas but for now I'm pretty excited about my very own leftovers.

I'm so excited that it's Wednesday. I'm so happy that I have nothing to do tomorrow until I head over to Kelli's. I'm making helmet panties (for another roller derby group), drinking holiday beer, and hanging out with Lara and the kitty friends. It's a pretty great evening.

No comments: