Monday, June 16, 2008

Rhymes with Orange

Nothing rhymes with orange and it's generally a funny comic strip. Today I received a lovely package of surprise orange in the mail today - and it a delightful surprise - orange! The pendant already has an outfit begging to be worn with it. My summer purse from Laura Bee is orange with a green ribbon. My car is red (only because it didn't come in "sunburnt orange" and "manual".) I love apricots, cantaloupe, and carrots (blueberries and bananas too). I have an orange button-up, winter jacket, many summer skirts and favorite sandals. My favorite earrings were orange (lost one) and I enjoy it so much that my new tattoo had to have some orange in it. I lobbied for our samba group to have orange as one of its core colors (and I won which made it difficult to find orange fabric in the early 2000 before it became the "new black".) I kept one of my samba costumes from when I moved from Ohio - the orange one. I'm not obsessed with orange but I do rather enjoy it.

I was introduced to it in excess in Cote d'Ivoire, West Africa when I was in the Peace Corps. Everything had orange in it. Fabric with green and orange plaid. Red and orange flowers. Orange fish on pale yellow. Blue, yellow, green and orange swirls. All beautiful and all in abundance. And at first you can't image wearing such combinations but by the end of the two years you can't imagine life without it. And if you can avoid it, you'll find a way to put plenty of it back into your life.

Even if you need a little help from your friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked Paris Orange...