Sunday, April 13, 2008

A lovely weekend....

The first 70 degree day occurred on Saturday and it might as well have been a national holiday the way everyone celebrated. Any excuse you could find to be outside got you there... I started the great weekend with Friday off of work - just for fun. (When I schedule the day off I needed it but as the week went on I didn't really need it.) Friday was running around outside, skating a Greenlake, a nap with my cats and a baseball game that evening - my first one at Safeco field. It was fun - I was hanging out with a bunch of Wenches. A guy in our section got a wave going (after many tries) that looped the stadium 4 times (so much fun).

Saturday was an early haircut, outside, outside, outside - a bunch of laps around Greenlake on my skates (and a pulled muscle in my back when I reach down to fix my toestopper.) Another cap nap. Running errands for an event that evening. A walk at Golden Gardens (the Pacific is so cold). Lunch. Dinner outside. Off to the event. Home not too late and waking up to rain.

I was under the impression that it was a "weekend" of sunshine and not just one day. But it was good enough. I'll take it.

No comments: