Monday, February 25, 2008

My friends...

The other ones - the few non-derby ones - came down this weekend from Bellingham for a beautiful, vitamin D-filled day in Seattle. Christina, who I've know as long as I worked for Planned Parenthood and Jill, who was her assistant for a couple of years, came down for the day. I started my day breaking down a floor for my league but joined after they had soul food and King Fish in Capitol Hill. We strolled around Capitol Hill, in 50 degree sunshine, gossiping, telling funny stories about our past. We headed over to West Seattle where they both said they could live, like in Bellingham, in a little tight community - looked at art, bought a purse, talked about all of our crafty endeavors. We raced over to Ballard for drink but not before buying lottery tickets to help realized dreams of opening dessert bars that served limited pastries and small savory tapas. We had a few drinks and walked over to Madame K's (my favorite restaurant, La Carta - the BEST Mexican restaurant in Seattle was packed, as always.) At Madame K's, we drank some more, ate salads and pizza and ended the night with an orgasm (hot cookie with ice cream) before they headed back to Bellingham and I headed home... where I got sucked into the television series called Heroes.

It was a lovely Saturday afternoon - with my friends.

No comments: